Traffic infractions may not carry the same implications as felony or misdemeanor criminal charges, but repeat violations can result in significant fines, revoked driving privileges and increased auto insurance rates. Disputing a traffic infraction may lead to its dismissal or to less serious consequences, thereby limiting the impact the violation will have on your life and finances. If you intend to dispute a traffic ticket, do not pay the traffic ticket before talking to Traffic Attorney,
Erik R. Olsen.
Attorney Olsen disputes charges of traffic violations such as:
- Speeding tickets
- Improper lane usage
- Negligent driving second degree
- Stop sign/Red light violations
- Following too closely
- Failing to yield
- Other traffic tickets
Again, if you intend to dispute a traffic ticket, do not pay the traffic ticket (online or otherwise) before calling to our office.
- Paying a speeding ticket is an admission that you committed the ticket and you will pay the price (both financially and on your driving record).
- Traffic tickets are civil matters, not criminal. Thus, the burden of proof the government must meet in proving their case is preponderance of the evidence (i.e. "more likely than not"), not beyond a reasonable doubt (which is the much higher criminal burden of proof).
- Traffic tickets can cost hundreds of dollars in fines and increased insurance costs.
- You may lose the privilege to drive as a result of numerous traffic violations.
- Representing oneself can result in extensive time away from work.
- Most speeding tickets can be resolved in ways that will neither affect insurance rates nor your driving record, such as:
- Reduction in charge
- Participation in the Defensive Driving School
Your case can often be resolved without you appearing in court. Even if a hearing is necessary, we may be able to represent your interests without your needing to be present, thereby sparing you the hassle of having to miss work. Hanis Irvine Prothero
, our goal is to minimize or altogether eliminate the negative impacts a traffic violation can have on your driving record. We invite you to contact us to discuss your traffic defense options.
Lastly, if you are charged with a crime arising from a traffic violation, our
criminal defense attorneys
are able assist to your needs.